Whole Family Health Center - COVID 19 Update.
At Whole Family Health Center our patients are our family. During these past few weeks we’ve been focused on doing all the things necessary to keep our families safe and healthy.
As your provider, we’re here for you and our community when you need us most.
Dr. Gerald Pierone, MD, Infectious Disease specialist and founder of Whole Family Health Center, leads our efforts in response and preparedness for COVID-19 as we continue to monitor the rapidly evolving situation. We are coordinating our efforts with federal, state and local agencies.
Here are the steps we are taking to protect our patients and staff:
In our offices:
- Implementation of Telemedicine. These services will allow us to have “virtual” visits utilizing the video feed from your computer or smartphone providing the ability to complete your visit from the comfort of your home. We will begin providing these services the week of March 23rd. Please contact us if you are interested in utilizing the virtual visit option.
- Prescreening of patients for COVID-19 testing need. Patients identified as potential candidates for testing are offered “drive through” testing and instructions whereby the patient does not leave their car.
- Patients are “pre-screened” in several manners – via phone when calling for an appointment, via phone call to nurse with symptom description, upon arrival to our facilities.
- Patients meeting specific criteria as determined by the CDC are being tested, please contact our office if you are exhibiting symptoms of fever, shortness of breath or respiratory symptoms.
- Access to online check in allowing our patients to complete registration paperwork and in the comfort of their homes prior to arrival or the availability to check in via personal smartphone upon arrival at our facility
For our patients:
- Providing non-urgent patient care by phone or via the patient portal and soon, telemedicine.
- Contacting our patients at a high risk to assess needs for medication refills or medication delivery
- Leveraging use of electronic communication methods to deliver messages about when to seek care at our facility, when to seek emergency care, and where to go for information about caring for a person with COVID-19 at home