Whole Family Health Center (WFHC) encourages patients and their families to report concerns related to treatment services,
and patient safety issues to any of our staff. WFHC is committed to ensuring that the following rights and responsibilities are preserved for all patients.
EVERY PATIENT HAS THE RIGHT TO:
1. Respectful care and treatment by competent personnel, regardless of the patient’s age, race, creed, sex, disability,
educational level or payment source.
2. A prompt and reasonable response to questions and requests.
3. Know what patient support and advocacy services are available.
4. Privacy concerning his/her own medical care program. Case discussion, consultation, examination and treatment are
considered confidential and shall be conducted discreetly.
5. Access to his/her medical records.
6. Refuse any treatment, except as otherwise provided by law.
7. Receive, prior to treatment, a reasonable estimate of charges for medical care.
8. Be given full information and if necessary, counseling on the availability of known financial resources for care.
9. Receive a copy of an understandable itemized bill and if necessary, to have the charges explained.
10. Full information in layman’s terms concerning diagnosis, treatment and prognosis, including information about
alternative treatments and possible complications. When it is not medically advisable to give the information to the
patient, the information shall be given on his/her behalf to the responsible person.
11. Have access to an interpreter whenever necessary.
12.Right to express grievances and voice complaints without recrimination. Have grievances and complaints reviewed
13. Right to make decisions regarding end of life care.
1. Be respectful and honest to providers and staff.
2. Comply with treatment plans.
3. Make decisions responsibly.
4. Report fraud and wrong doing.
5. Avoid putting others at risk.
6. Please bring the appropriate insurance card with you to each appointment. A minimum payment is expected at the
time of service.
7. If you need to bring small children with you to your appointment, please attempt to bring another adult to supervise
the children during your appointment.
8. Please bring a list of ALL medications with you at every appointment. This includes prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, and herbal medication.
9. If your child is scheduled for a physical or immunizations a current immunization record MUST be brought with you.
10. Allow at least 5 days for completion of insurance forms and disability forms. Allow 30 days to receive copies of
11. Please give 24 hour notice when canceling or rescheduling appointments. Arrive on time for your scheduled
appointment. If you are late, we may not be able to see you.
12. If you have not been seen by one of our providers in three years you will be considered a new patient.
13. Smoking is NOT allowed on WFHC property.